Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An email to the young people in the church

Just want to encourage you guys about the importance of young people seeing the vision and purposes of God in your lives.

Have a look at the 3 parts Christianity today recommended blog – entitled “ Out Of Ur”

--How Teenagers Transformed the Church (part 1 - 3) - Curious about the future values of the church? Tic Long says look at the teenagers today.

Click this link:

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/outofur/archives/2007/05/how_teenagers_t_1.html

I can see many Church Leaders and future Pastors of the church in our midst. Do you know that Bill Hybels was a youth worker, then youth pastor and went on to be senior pastor of a 20,000 church. So many significant people in the church scene started cutting their teeth while they were still teenagers or while in Uni.

Even our mother church’s Pastor Chow – he started as a campus ministry worker – never been to a bible school – but now he heads a church of 9000 in Taipei with more than 180 daughter churches world wide.

So, you are never too young to start. I wish I started earlier (I only accepted Christ while I was 19 in Pre-uni days and get thrown into the deep end – I had a burden for Chinese ministry and helped out with older folks, preached occasionally, worship led and drove the church van every Sunday night, went door to door knocking and giving out gospel tracks, got chased by dogs, taught Sunday schools, involved in campus ministry, helped plant churches etc. )

When I first preached in English, I stuttered and slurred my words and very few could understand me! I think I am slightly better now - lol. So be bold and be strong!

Well, forget the angst and pains of our young lives – the emotional ups and down, the relationship problems will still be there, but let me say this --to follow God’s calling is still the best way forward….the guaranteed to fulfillment.

The Lord Jesus said in John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Have a nice day!

Grace & Peace,

Uncle J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Web Site Counter